[The Liebster Award is given from bloggers to bloggers and is all about celebrating new blogs and spreading the blog love. If you are nominated and choose to accept the award, the rules are below. ]
So I have received this award/nomination earlier this year (You can view my post here) I have recently received the nomination by two more bloggers Littleonionwrites and Books are Delicious ! So I have decided to do a mash up of both of the nominations and answer all the questions from both bloggers! They are both awesome and you should check them out! (P.S. this is a long one, kind of)
1. I love cats and sometimes wish I was a cat. (they have such an easy life)
2. I recently graduated from college
3. I spend too much time on the internet, mainly involving bookish things (book blogs, booktube videos, buying books etc.)
4. I dance and sing around my apartment all the time.
5. I talk to my cat a lot because it is better than talking to myself.
6. I work at a college bookstore.
7. I grew up next to a lake which was only beneficial during the summer months.
8. I am a huge football fan (and its not just for the incredibly attractive men)
9. I collect old copies of the works of Edgar Allen Poe. (and a few other poets/writers)
10. I could spend the rest of my life watching netflix and reading books and I would be happy.
11. Bonfires are the best!
Now Littleonionwrites questions!
1. Do you have a certain way of arranging your bookshelves? Do you arrange them alphabetically, etc.?
Right now I don’t have real bookcases, so they are all just wherever they fit, but typically I have all books by the same author together and than just try to place them on the shelves to make them look good. (If that makes sense)
2. What are some of the things you’re most anticipating in 2014?
Book-wise: Guardian by Alex London
Other than that I graduated already this year so that was something that I was anticipating.
3. What are your top three pet peeves?
This is hard because I feel like I have so many. I am not going to state any because it will turn into a whole post all its own.
4. What was your favorite childhood book series?
The Little House on the Prairie and the American Girl books!
5. Do you have a favorite poster on your wall?
Ummm… The only posters I have up are of half naked men…oops
But I have a lot of pictures and photography on my wall. I went to Europe 3 summers ago and have so many black and white pictures all over of the big landmarks.
6. What is one book you are having trouble reading? What’s the longest amount of time it’s taken you to finish a book?
Anna Karenina- I have been working on reading this book for close to three years now. It is just a huge complex book and I haven’t had the time to dedicate to it.
7. What are three amazing books you’d recommend to anyone?
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (Fantasy)
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (YA)
To Kill A Mocking Bird by Haper Lee (Classic)
8. Name a band/singer you enjoyed listening to when you were younger.
Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC, Brittany Spears, Christina Agulira- I was a 90s child for sure!
9. What are your favorite things about blogging?
Making blog friends!
10. What is a book you liked more than you expected to? A book that you were disappointed in?
Cinder by Marissa Meyers (liked more than expected)
Angelfall by Susan Ee (disappointed in)
11. What book did you read for school that you disliked? What book did you read from school that you were surprised to like?
Great Expectations (disliked)
Lord of the Flies (liked)
Now for the questions from Haley @ Books are Delicious
1. What is your favorite book?
All time favorite- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
2. How long have you been blogging?
It has been a little over 2 years, but the past year it has been more consistent
3. Where do you buy most of your books?
Online ! Mostly Amazon and Bookoutlet
4. Do you have a preference for books written from a certain point-of-view. Which is it and why?
I prefer third person. I just feel like you are able to get a clear picture from all characters views and such with it.
5.Who is your favorite literary character?
This is too hard, I refuse to answer!
6.What upcoming book release are you most looking forward to this year?
Guardian by Alex London
7.What was the last book you read all in one sitting?
Looking For Alaska by John Green which was last summer
8.What really popular book or book series have you still not read?
Harry Potter …oops 😦 But I plan on starting it very soon!
9.Do you participate in NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo?
10. What is your favorite genre?
everything YA (does that count as a genre? I really like Sci-fi and fantasy
11. What are your writing and/or reading goals for this month?
I want to be able to finish at least three more books!
Here are my questions for you!
1. What is the #1 place you would love to visit (real or fictional or both)?
2. How many books are on your TBR list?
3. Whats the most exciting thing you are looking forward to in the next few months?
4. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
5. What is your favorite mythical creature?
6. If you had to be a vampire from which world/type of vampire would you want to be?
7. What is your favorite kind of ice cream?
8. Do you have any pets? If yes what kind?
9. What is your dream occupation? (It can be what you are doing right now if you so desire)
10. How did you come about starting your blog?
11. If you were stranded on a deserted island and had to survive who would be the one person you picked to be there with? (can be real/fictional)
🙂 Thanks to those who nominated me your blogs are amazing as well and to those I nominated you are super fantastic as well too!