This weeks Top Ten Tuesday topic hosted by Broke and Bookish is The Top Ten Books You Have Read So Far This Year, but I will not being doing that topic. I recently wrote a guest post for YA Reads (which hasn’t been posted yet), but it is an explained post on the top 5 books I have read so far this year. So look out for that one! Instead I decided to do the Top Ten Series I Want To Start, But Haven’t Yet!
1. Game of Thrones. My parents bought me the box set of the first four books for Christmas and I feel like everyone talks about these and the show (which I refuse to watch until I have read the books). They are just a little intimidating and with so many other books I want to read it is hard to pick these up when I know they will take up a lot of time. But I plan to at least read the first book really soon!
2. Misborn Trilogy. (This is a trilogy, but I am going to count it!) I just recently purchased the box set because I have heard nothing but great things about these books, I am in a real fantasy kick and the U.K book covers are awesome! These are also chunky books, but I want to at least read one of them soon!
3. Percy Jackson. I feel like I am so late to the game with this. Everyone talks about this series and its one of my TBR shame series. I need to read these since I bought the whole box set and can now marathon them.
4. Throne of Glass. Ugh I want to read these so bad. I read one of the novellas awhile ago and fell in love and now this is getting so much hype and is everywhere.
5. Dark Towers. I have been wanting to read more Stephen King and this series looks really intriguing and I have heard some great things about it!
6. Bloodlines. I just finished the Vampire Academy Series and I need to continue this now! I love VA and can’t wait to read this, but also don’t want to because I don’t want it to be over.
7. The Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices. Officially I have started this because I read the first book of TMI, but I need to reread it and continue on because now they are all out and so many people are talking/love them.
8. Seven Realms. This goes along with my whole fantasy kick. They sound awesome and is a shorter completed series that is easily marathon-able.
9. Lux. I have recently fallen in love with Jennifer L. Armentrout and everyone raves about this series. I love her writing style and have been meaning to get into more alien-ish books.
10. Lord of the Rings. (even though this is a trilogy unless you include The Hobbit, which I have read) Well my best friend loves this trilogy and thinks it is absolutely amazing. I think she will kill me soon if I don’t read it and I loved The Hobbit so this will have to happen soon.
What are some series you want to start reading? Have you read any of these?