It has been six months since I posted my Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Bucket List for 2014. I am continuing with my monthly update to show the progress I am making.
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (2014)
Read (complete) at least 50 book. (I am currently at 84 books read ! I have upped my goal to a 100 books! )
2. Finish Anna Karenina (The status on this still hasn’t changed yet. I am going to attempt to make a list of things I remember and the plot and such before I pick it up again)
3. Start the Harry Potter Series (I am going to pick up book four next month, I swear)
4. Complete all of my unfinished book reviews ( So I participated in a review-a-thon this month but I am still behind on my old unfinished review and I have read quite a bit recently that I need to work out reviews for)
Read at least one classic (I reread The Giver and recently just finished Brave New World!)
Step out of my comfort zone of YA Fiction and read at least one biography/nonfiction work (I read Confessions of a Working Girl which is an autobiography)
7. Complete at least 3 series (something with more 4 or more books)(I still have one more series to go since I have finished The Vampire Academy Series and The Song of the Lioness Quartet and I am in the middle of like a million more!)
Break into the adult fiction genre more. (at least 3) ( I read The Lies of Locke Lamora earlier this year and I am currently reading the second book in that series, Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch. I also just finished The Seventh Friend by Tim Stead which I am pretty sure would be considered Adult and The Wedding by Nicolas Sparks.)
9. Read more of the books on my shelves before buying more (I don’t think this will ever be accomplished.I have some serious problems.HA! This sounds like a funny joke. I have although slowed down on the book buying so I am making progress.)
10. Complete a book that is 800pgs or more (not including Anna Karenina) (There are multiple books that fit this, I just need to make time to read them, I was close with The Seventh Friend the was 700 pages!)
So it looks like 4/10 goals are complete so far! Not much has changed from last month except for the amount of books read.
What are you goals for this year? Have you been able to accomplish any so far?