It has been seven months months since I posted my Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Bucket List for 2014. I am continuing with my monthly update to show the progress I am making. I only have one month left to complete these goals. And I don’t know how much progress I can make.
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (2014)
Read (complete) at least 50 book. (I am currently at 94 books read ! I have upped my goal to a 100 books! )
2. Finish Anna Karenina (The status on this still hasn’t changed yet. I am going to attempt to make a list of things I remember and the plot and such before I pick it up again)
Start the Harry Potter Series (I have complete the fourth book this month.So I will consider myself to have started the series!)
4. Complete all of my unfinished book reviews (I have fallen quite behind this month on my reviews. I have hit a slight rut and haven’t been wanting to do anything, but sleep and watch netflix)
Read at least one classic (I reread The Giver and read Brave New World!)
Step out of my comfort zone of YA Fiction and read at least one biography/nonfiction work (I read Confessions of a Working Girl which is an autobiography)
7. Complete at least 3 series (something with more 4 or more books)(I still have one more series to go since I have finished The Vampire Academy Series and The Song of the Lioness Quartet and I am in the middle of like a million more! I do not think I will be able to accomplish this goal since I have one month left and all the series I am currently in the middle of are mainly trilogies/unfinished publications or too many to read in a month)
Break into the adult fiction genre more. (at least 3) ( I read The Lies of Locke Lamora earlier this year and I am currently reading the second book in that series, Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch. I also just finished The Seventh Friend by Tim Stead which I am pretty sure would be considered Adult and The Wedding by Nicolas Sparks.)
9. Read more of the books on my shelves before buying more (I don’t think this will ever be accomplished.I have some serious problems.HA! This sounds like a funny joke. I have although slowed down on the book buying so I am making progress.With Christmas coming up there will probably be more books added to my shelf, but with upcoming events for me there should be a halt to the buying.)
10. Complete a book that is 800pgs or more (not including Anna Karenina) (There are multiple books that fit this, I just need to make time to read them, I was close with The Seventh Friend the was 700 pages!)
So it looks like 5/10 goals are complete so far! Not much has changed from last month except for the amount of books read.
What are you goals for this year? Have you been able to accomplish any so far?